BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Columbia Basin Trust is seeking a Records and Information Management Coordinator to join our team. If you like to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment and have strong communication skills and up to date knowledge of records and information management practices, we want to hear from you! This is a regular, full time position based out of any of our four offices: Castlegar, Cranbrook, Golden or Nakusp.
Columbia Basin Trust
Records and Information Management Coordinator
The Records and Information Management Coordinator is responsible for leading a comprehensive records and information management program (RMP) that includes a custom program for the Trust as well as an ARCS and ORCS program for Columbia Power Corporation. This position also supports both the Trust and Columbia Power privacy areas to ensure compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). This position reports to the Senior Manager, Information Services.
- Provides Records Management support.
- Manages offsite storage and retrieval for compliance with retention periods, agreement conditions and budget.
- Purges, processes and transfers records in all media for semi-active and inactive storage or destruction, according to approved records retention schedule.
- Creates destruction notifications for approval.
- Supports and delivers internal RMP compliance audits.
- Maintains and updates the current functional classification structure, retention schedule and records disposition schedule and manage changes.
- Continually analyzes RMP and works with departments to modify as required to meet business functions.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to support the electronic document management system and ensures the system aligns with the RMP.
- Liaises with internal and external records and information management subject matter experts in determining departmental records projects.
- Provides advice, expertise and training to staff on the RMP and associated processes and procedures.
- Acts as Columbia Power Corporations’ designated records officer contact for the BC Government.
- Provides FIPPA support:
- Coordinates and processes FOI requests, including interpreting requests, writing acknowledgement letters, and creating and tracking FOI files, and retrieving records.
- Reviews Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA’s) and consults with the business on ways to minimize personal information collection and adhere to FIPPA compliance.
- Maintains privacy language templates for contracts, agreements, collection notices and reviews changes to the approved language.
- Provides advice, expertise and training to staff on privacy and FIPPA compliance matters.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Training and Experience
- A minimum of a diploma in Business Administration, Library Sciences, OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working at an intermediate to advance level of records management.
- Having accreditation as a Certified Records Manager (CRM), Information Governance Professional (IGP), Certified Information Professional (CIP), or other Rim certification, would be considered an asset.
- Training or experience working with ARCS/ORCS or other classification systems and the development of policies, procedures and standards.
- A high level of understanding of modern document management systems would be considered an asset.
- Experience with SharePoint would be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of the Trust’s objectives, operational plans, programs and services and its administrative practices.
- Strong knowledge of records management best practices and industry standards.
- Working knowledge of privacy and information management legislations and guidelines.
- Advanced degree of computer literacy, specifically knowledge and experience with MS Office software (particularly Excel, Outlook,Word and Powerpoint).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to provide oversight and guidance to other staff.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 20lbs.
- Up to date knowledge of current records and information management practices.
Apply online by April 5: https://ourtrust.org/about/careers/
Location: Castlegar, BC
Region: East Kootenay / Rocky Mountain
Professional Categories: Records & Information Management
Posted: March 12, 2020, 11:24 am
Expires: April 5, 2020, 11:59 pm