BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Application and GIS Services Supervisor
The City of West Kelowna is currently seeking to fill the position of Application and GIS Services Supervisor reporting to the Information Services Manager. The Application and GIS Services Supervisor will oversee the Application and Geographic Information Systems teams and will manage a portfolio of municipal business and GIS related applications including, but not limited to Tempest, Cityview, iCity, SharePoint and ESRI-based applications.
The successful candidate will provide strong leadership, direct day-to-day operations and ensure that service levels are met for all applications, services and products supported by the Application and GIS teams. This individual will also possess excellent customer service, communication, problem solving and project management skills.
Responsibilities of this position could also include gathering budget information, product procurement, writing business cases and researching emerging IT trends in the application and GIS areas.
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- University Degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in an information technology field
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment
- Project management experience with PMP certification is an asset
- ITIL certification is an asset
- Experience in local government is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to articulate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technical information into easily understood reports for a variety of stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of organizational business systems, industry requirements and technology
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License.
This permanent, full-time exempt position offers a competitive salary, benefits package and municipal pension plan.
If you want to grow your career in one of the most beautiful places on earth, fill your weekends with wine tours, hiking, boating, mountain biking or skiing and you are seeking a challenge, please submit your online application.
Please apply online at www.westkelownacity.ca/jobs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Competition 20-29E | Closes April 6, 2020