BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Traffic Control Person (TCP)
(Temporary Full Time)
The District of West Vancouver has immediate openings for TCPs (Traffic Control Person/Flagger). We are looking for professional and experienced TCPs to join our growing team!
- Steady Full-Time work
- Mileage Reimbursement $0.59/km
- Referral Bonus of $50 to $100!
- Starting wage $24.28 per hour
- All shifts will start and end in West Vancouver
- Friendly, safety-focused team
Key job duties include:
- Directing drivers, pedestrians, and workers to safe routes around road construction sites;
- Reviewing traffic management plans;
- Setting up and providing traffic control specifications;
- Training other site workers about traffic and equipment safety;
- Responding to questions from members of the public regarding traffic direction, alternate routes, and driving directions; and
- Performing other related duties as required.
We’re looking for candidates who can:
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment or alone while maintaining a safety first mentality;
- Follow traffic regulations and safety procedures while adapting to last minute schedule changes;
- Communicate effectively and exercise tact and diplomacy while interacting with member of the public;
- Exercise sufficient physical strength and agility to perform the duties of the position and operate related equipment; and
- Record and maintain records related to the work.
Candidates must have:
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License,
- A BCCSA approved Traffic Control Person certification, and
- Access to their own vehicle.
Secondary School Graduation plus related work experience would be considered an asset.
Candidates will be asked to provide a Driver’s Abstract and Claims directly from ICBC. Successful candidates will be required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on Westnet.
WVMEA (Union) – Temporary Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$24.28 per hour ($21.68 plus 12% in lieu of benefits)
Open until filled
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Location: West Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Traffic Services
Posted: March 11, 2020, 11:27 am
Expires: April 11, 2020, 11:59 pm