BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
(Recreation Worker 2)
Parks and Recreation
CUPE Local 387
$20.66 - $21.65 per hour (2019 rates) + 12% in lieu of all benefits
NO OF POSITIONS:
Up to 12
HOURS OF WORK:
Our Parks and Recreation Department has several auxiliary positions available for Play Leaders to provide recreational activities at various parks throughout the City. Shifts may take place at the Queen’s, Ryall, Sapperton, Moody, Hume and Grimston Parks. These seasonal auxiliary positions commence in two phases; Phase 1 in early-May and Phase 2 in mid-June. Phase 1 employees will also be required to carry out labour duties in the Queen’s Park Farm. Schedules run through until Labour Day.
This position will be required to:
- Provide fun and safe games and activities to the public.
- Interact with community and picnic groups.
- Participate in the delivery of special events and programs.
- Attend staff orientations and training sessions.
- Complete relevant reports, forms, and requests.
- Work collectively with volunteers.
- Travel to a variety of park locations, often within the same day.
- Work on weekdays, weekends and evenings.
- Conduct farm duties, including caring for animals, labour tasks and yard cleaning (required for Phase 1 hires only).
- Valid First Aid and CPR, AED certificates.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle will be an asset.
- National Life Saving Certificate (required for Grimston Park wading pool hire only).
- Successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-41, by April 10, 2020, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.