BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Summer Daycamp Leader
(Recreation Worker 3)
Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
35 – 40 hours per week
Starting rate range is $23.34 -$25.29 per hour (2019 rates) + 12% in lieu of all benefits
The City of New Westminster has auxiliary positions available for Summer Programs Leaders for children’s recreational programs, including day camps. Shifts take place at a variety of sites, including Queensborough Community Centre at a variety of times between Monday – Sunday in July and August.
Candidates considered for these roles must have the ability to provide supervision and leadership for a variety of recreation programs and activities. Candidates will plan activities to meet the goal of the program, provide leadership and supervision to participants, and liaise with parents.
Successful applicants will possess the following:
- Current Emergency First Aid and CPR C Certificate.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Experience working with children in a recreation setting.
- Ability to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- 1-year minimum summer program leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience supervising children at off site locations.
- Experience working with children with a variety of support needs.
- Courses in recreation or a related field, supplemented by experience in children’s programming.
- Course work specifically focused on working with children that require additional support needs.
- Provide program leadership to children in a safe, positive and fun manner.
- Plan, lead and implement developmentally appropriate recreation programs for children.
- Self-motivated and can take initiative with little supervision.
- Liaise with parents and members of the community.
- Work as a team member.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-43 by April 10, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.