BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Manager of Human Resources/Occupational Health & Safety
Hope is at the centre of one of the most unique and desirable regions in British Columbia at the confluence of the Fraser and Coquihalla Rivers and the edge of the Fraser Canyon. Located at the base of the Cascade Mountains, the area and region provide world class outdoor recreation opportunities. Exceptional fly fishing, mountain biking, hiking and backcountry adventure can be accessed directly from town. Less than two hours from Vancouver, Hope has become the recreation playground for the Lower Mainland, welcoming guests from the rest of Canada, the United States, and Europe. Hope offers an exceptional four-season lifestyle and merges modern development with traditional industries. The District has a population of approximately 6100 with an area population of over 10,000.
As a key member of the District’s management team, under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Manager will oversee all aspects of Human Resources (HR) and Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S).
The Manager is the lead person accountable for the overall provisions of HR services, benefits, policies and programs, while exercising considerable independent judgment and action in handling confidential matters. Also taking the lead on OH&S, provide administration and implementation of an organization wide program.
We require a community-oriented person who thrives in a fast-paced environment with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; desired qualifications include:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented with post-secondary education in Human Resources and related courses in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Minimum three years related experience, preferably in a complex unionized environment with a consistent track record of exhibiting leadership skills.
- Sound understanding of Human Resources policies and practices, including labour relations, policy development and implementation, change management and recruitment.
- Experience on leading Joint Health & Safety Programs is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of WorkSafe BC Regulations, Labour Relations Code, Human Rights Legislation and Employment Standards Act.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- Obtain and maintain a clear RCMP Reliability Status (Criminal Record Check).
A detailed resume, accompanied with a cover letter detailing your interest in working for the District of Hope, should be forwarded in confidence no later than 4:00 p.m. Monday April 6, 2020 to the attention of:
Donna Bellingham, Director of Corporate Services & Human Resources (email: email@example.com)
zip files will not be accepted, preference are pdf files
325 Wallace Street, P.O. Box 609 Hope, B.C. V0X IL0 Phone: 604-869-5671 Facsimile: 604-869-2275 Website: www.hope.ca
The District of Hope thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Location: Hope, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Human Resources,Occupational Health & Safety
Posted: March 6, 2020, 2:49 pm
Expires: April 6, 2020, 4:00 pm