BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Competition # V1257
The Sunshine Coast is a thriving BC community of approximately 30,000 year-round residents situated on a peninsula between Howe Sound and Jervis Inlet in the traditional homeland of the shíshálh and Skwxwú7mesh First Nations. Tourists from all over the world travel here to take in the beautiful sights and surroundings. Known for its mild winters, beautiful surroundings, arts, culture, and friendly people, the Sunshine Coast is a preferred tourist destination and a great place to live and play.
The Sunshine Coast Regional District is currently inviting applications for the position of Transit Driver (casual). Under the general direction of the Transportation Superintendent, as Transit Driver, the incumbent provides regularly scheduled bus service to customers of the lower Sunshine Coast. Under the general direction of the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, as Service Person, the incumbent cleans, washes and pre-trips transit buses.
- To meet on-call requirements, candidates must be available to report to work on short notice for any shift, 7 days per week. Transit hours of operation: 4:00 am through 1:00 am.
- Casuals relieve employees who are on sick leave, leave of absence, vacation, or peak work periods for overload situations; there are no regularly scheduled hours nor any guarantee of hours.
- Appointment is subject to successful completion of a road test and a RCMP Criminal Records Search.
This is a bargaining unit position. The appropriate hourly rate will be received for the work as assigned.
- $26.49 – Service Person (Transit Assistant)
- $28.65 - HandiDART Driver
- $30.99 - Transit Driver (Conventional bus)
Applications for this position must include a current resume, a cover letter quoting the competition number and a current drivers abstract submitted via email to Human Resources. Qualification requirements including formal education, training, experience and other skills and knowledge can be found in the job description available with the SCRD website posting at www.scrd.ca/employment .
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sunshine Coast Regional District
1975 Field Road
Sechelt, BC V0N 3A1
Location: Sechelt, BC
Region: North and Central Vancouver Island / Sunshine Coast
Professional Categories: Transit/Rail Services,Fleet & Driver Services/Management
Posted: February 18, 2020, 12:06 pm
Expires: April 17, 2020, 4:30 pm