BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The Abbotsford Police Department, with staff strength in excess of 300, is committed to making Abbotsford the safest city in BC. Through continuous improvement and innovation, we strive to provide the highest quality of service to our growing community.
The Digital Forensic Analyst is a unionized position providing specialized technical support to Investigators by following industry standard forensic practices, conducting forensic analysis of digital evidence and preparing comprehensive reports of all findings for successful court prosecution.
- Intakes, disassembles and processes physical and digital evidence and conducts forensic analysis, ensuring proper procedures are applied
- Works with crown counsel to prepare expert testimony and testify in court
- Attends search warrant scenes to assist with evidence collection
- Acts as a resource person for investigations by providing technical expertise related to the digital evidence
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Qualifications include a minimum two (2) year diploma in Computer Science from a recognized post-secondary institution, and a minimum three (3) years relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computing hardware, cellular communications, computer networking technologies, peripherals and their operations
- Experience with basic operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Mac OSx; demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with computer forensic examination software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- The ability to follow established policies and procedures
- The ability to work in a team environment with minimum supervision
- The ability to function effectively under pressure and maintain self-control when dealing with serious and sensitive situations including graphic, personal and potentially disturbing information
- Experience in a policing environment is considered an asset.
Applicants will be interviewed in order to assess the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for the position. The successful candidate must obtain and maintain an enhanced security clearance, which includes a polygraph test. If this opportunity matches your qualifications and expectations, please submit your resume online at: www.abbypd.ca
Closing date: February 25, 2020
We are accepting resumes online only.
The Abbotsford Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage diversity.
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Information Technology,Police Services
Posted: February 14, 2020, 3:45 pm
Expires: February 25, 2020, 4:30 pm