BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Auxiliary Labourers – Parks Maintenance
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
$28.24 per hour (2019 rates) + 12% in lieu of all benefits, vacation and statutory holidays
The City of New Westminster is seeking hard-working and dedicated individuals to fill auxiliary Labourer positions within the Engineering Operations Department. Your duties and responsibilities will include general park and streetscape maintenance tasks such as litter picking; garbage removal; graffiti removal; weed eating; pressure washing; leaf blowing; installing, painting and repairing existing and new structures such as signs and park benches; and performing janitorial duties as required.
If the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have Grade 12 graduation (or equivalent), supplemented by previous Labourer experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- You have knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the work.
- You have knowledge of the safety precautions and hazards applicable to the work.
- You have the ability to effectively perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- You have the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- You have the ability to maintain effective working relationships and to deal effectively and courteously with internal and external contacts.
- You have skill in the use and care of tools and equipment used in the work.
- You must possess and maintain a valid BC Driver’s License.
- You must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
*The ideal candidate will be available to work on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as have the flexibility to work additional days as operationally required.
Apply by sending your resume, quoting competition #20-31, by March 2, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
'This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.