BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Industrial Control System Software Specialist (Digital Control Software Specialist)Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: Annacis Wastewater Treatment Plant
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking an Industrial Control System Software Specialist (Digital Control Software Specialist) who will who will support the day to day operation and large capital projects of the division’s highly integrated Industrial Control System at the WWTPs across the region maintaining the servers, workstations, system security and networking infrastructure.
You are: an excellent communicator with superior computer technical skills associated with Industrial Control Systems (ICS) related to ABB ICS and AB PLCs. You are an experienced ICS System Administrator having experience with large ICS networks, developing and maintaining complex systems in a plant environment with extensive commissioning and optimization experience.
- Develop, maintain, and support the Wastewater Treatment (WWT) Division’s Computerized Data and Acquisition (CDAC) system and subsystems. Subsystems include optimization and maintenance system software and configurations, buss and network configurations, CCTV systems, security card reader systems and related peripherals systems and equipment.
- Monitor WWT CDAC system utilization and performance, and maintain maximum availability of the system. Manage network and software security, maintain system database quality control and accuracy, and assist in identifying unreliable data or out of calibration equipment. Prepare trouble and performance reports, and coordinate with other staff and system suppliers to resolve problems or performance issues.
- Maintain standards for the WWT CDAC. Purchase materials and equipment. Follow purchasing, accounting, and corporate procedures. Assist operations, maintenance, and other disciplines in the safe and effective use of equipment. Coordinate with other departments and trades, report on work progress.
- Participate in the evaluation, design, implementation, development and commissioning of new systems, system additions, and network optimization. Maintain historical databases and service requests for data. Develop application reports which utilize historical data. Provide documentation, procedures, guidelines and training for users of the WWT CDAC. Work closely with the IT Department and coordinate with other groups and Departments concerning applications for integration of CDAC data with other Metro Vancouver applications.
- Comply with Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures. Keep up-to-date with current technology and safety regulations, and apply improved work methods and techniques. Attend training courses and seminars relevant to duties of the job in areas such as safety, new or revised software, new equipment and work methods. Prepare and maintain neat and accurate records such as equipment acceptance tests, setting sheets, program listings and documentation, maintenance records, trouble reports and drawings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, mathematics or related field, with 3 years experience in real-time systems operations in a plant process or manufacturing environment, system design, modifications and analysis, or two-year technology diploma in computer systems or instrumentation, with 5 years applicable experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, applicable computer operating systems; systems currently supported utilize Windows 7/10 and Server 2008/2016. Programming and application experience with programs/standards such as SQL Server, VB, C, C++, Python, TCPIP, and Ethernet. Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Operating System Software, network systems and software/hardware security systems.
- Experience in a real-time operating environment, linking digital control systems to management and engineering information systems is preferred.
- Microsoft certification (MCSE), and Security essentials are preferred.
- Strong technical background and the ability to resolve technical problems are essential with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with ABB’s 800xA, Allen Bradley PLC 5, SLC 500, Control Logix, DeviceNet, IEC61850, Modbus/TCP, Profibus and Profinet systems as used in industrial process controls would be an asset.
- Must have valid BC driver’s license (required to travel to multiple Metro Vancouver locations), and be able to work shift work and provide Standby coverage.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by February 28, 2020.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Information Technology
Posted: February 14, 2020, 2:01 pm
Expires: February 28, 2020, 4:30 pm