BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Recreation Facility Attendant
Casual (Up to 35 hours/week)
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Recreation and Culture Department seeks individuals with exceptional customer service skills to join their team on a casual basis. Recreation Facility Attendants support user groups and the public for a number of community and dry-floor programs and special events and perform light custodial work. Responsibilities include setting up and removing equipment and furniture, supervising and assisting in programs, enforcing proper facility and equipment usage, performing general clerical tasks, and assisting with building security.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by some related experience, or completion of a certificate program in recreation, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Working knowledge of policies and regulations regarding municipal recreation facilities equipment, and public conduct;
- Working knowledge of facility programs, schedules, and bookings;
- Outstanding customer service skills to deal effectively and courteously with the public;
- Ability to exercise initiative in making decisions in accordance to applicable rules and policies;
- Ability to set up and remove equipment and furniture;
- Ability to perform clerical duties with accuracy and detail and prepare and maintain a variety of records, related to the work;
- Proficiency in the use of computer software, including Microsoft Office and facility booking software (CLASS or PerfectMind);
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively with others and to make a positive contribution to a team environment;
- Available to work shifts on days, evenings, and/or weekends;
- Ability to successfully pass a police information check.
The hourly wage of this appointment is $22.48 to $26.36 (2019 rates) with 11% offered in lieu of benefits. If your experience and education have prepared you for success and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume.
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm, Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Submit your application: Apply online at www.whiterockity.ca/jobs
Competition Number: 2020-08
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.