BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Works and Services - Utilities Operator
The Regional District of Kitimat-Stikine is recruiting a full time Utilities Operator to join our Works and Services team.
Reporting to the Works and Services Foreman, the preferred candidate will have applied knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to various utility maintenance tasks. The individual will also have and demonstrate a diverse skill set, be able to work independently and take initiative, be highly adaptable to changing work environments and tasks and meet the expectations of on-call responsibilities once fully trained in our operations.
The preferred candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Assist in utilities operation (water/sewer), maintenance and repair tasks;
- Utilize a variety of equipment and tools;
- Conduct watermain flushing and testing;
- Operate a vehicle and performing utilities related work as required;
- Undertake Park maintenance.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency;
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License;
- A current Driver’s Abstract.
Training, courses and experience in water and wastewater system operation and maintenance tasks or an equivalent combination of training and experience is an asset.
This position will receive wages plus full benefits based on a 7-hour workday.
To apply, please submit resume with a cover letter by March 6, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Regional District Kitimat – Stikine
Suite 300 – 4545 Lazelle Avenue
Terrace, B.C. V8G 4E1