BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Village of Harrison Hot Springs
Full-Time Exempt Position
Located in the beautiful upper Fraser Valley, the Resort Municipality of Harrison Hot Springs is a vibrant community with a rich history, beautiful beaches, vibrant cultural scene, and a balanced urban-rural lifestyle. Nestled against the picturesque Coast Mountains and beautiful Harrison Lake, Harrison is only 90 minutes away from Vancouver, an hour from the Abbotsford Airport and within an easy drive of local ski hills. Harrison is a small community with substantial infrastructure assets which serve a varying population from 1500 year-round residents to summer populations numbering in the thousands. We are fortunate to have excellent water and waste water treatment systems in place and our challenge now is to maintain and expand these facilities, along with other key capital assets, as the community grows and develops.
Currently, Harrison is seeking an enthusiastic and versatile individual to join our management team as our permanent full-time Operations Manager. Reporting to and under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Operations Manager will work closely with our engineering and planning consultants and will play a key role in infrastructure planning. The Operations Manager will manage the Public Works (including Parks) and Utilities Departments and will provide direct oversight to those personnel.
The Manager will prepare and present regular reports to Council and will administer contracts, tenders, RFPS and service agreements. Excellent digital, written and verbal communication skills are required and applicants should have experience in developing and managing budgets on an annual and per project basis. Candidates should have a good working knowledge of GIS based mapping systems and will be tasked with setting up contract GIS services for use by all departments.
The successful candidate will be an individual who thrives in a busy work environment, is self-motivated and enjoys working with people. This position requires sound project management skills and experience in effectively and efficiently managing multiple projects and initiatives. The Manager must be able to work flexible hours including evenings to attend council or community meetings as required.
The ideal candidate will have a proven combination of operational and technical skills and will be responsible for the overall management and efficient delivery of general engineering and public works services to the community. As a collaborative and results-oriented leader, preference will be given to those candidates who have the following combination of education, knowledge and skillsets:
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized technical institute in Civil / Environmental Engineering;
- Registration or eligible for registration with either the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists (APEG) or Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC) as a Technologist;
- 5 Years experience related to local government or municipal operations, specifically including sewer and water systems, road design and maintenance, parks maintenance and fleet management;
- 5 Years Experience in a senior supervisory capacity directing personnel involved in delivery of local government / municipal operations;
- Project Management, Asset Management and general infrastructure planning experience; and
- Certifications in water and wastewater operations would be considered an asset.
- A valid BC class 5 driver’s license is required
The Village is prepared to offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates are invited to submit application in confidence by Friday, March 6, 2020 4:00pm PST to:
Chief Administrative Officer
Village of Harrison Hot Springs
PO Box 160, 495 Hot Springs Road
Harrison Hot Springs, BC V0M 1K0
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org