BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Supervisor Maintenance Analytics & LogisticsPosition Status: Full-Time Temporary (This position is to last not later than December 31, 2020 with the possibility of extension)
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: Exempt
Location: Lake City Operations Centre
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking an Exempt Supervisor of Maintenance Analytics and Logistics who will be responsible for leading a centralized team of planning, scheduling and logistics staff that support a variety of field utility and plant maintenance teams. This position will also help optimize maintenance management processes through the oversight, collection, use and analytics of maintenance management data and ongoing enhancement of work processes.
You are: An energetic leader with a bias for action. A strategic thinker with data/analytics and maintenance management experience, and strong change and people management skills. If this sounds like you, you should join our team.
The Supervisor Maintenance Analytics & Logistics reports to the Division Manager, Utility Field Maintenance & Water Treatment and falls within our Management / Leadership Level M1 job family.
- Defines and administers strategies to improve service delivery and efficiency by overseeing staff that plan and schedule multi-discipline work teams, coordinate materials/supplies flow and management, organize external services, ensure accuracy of data collection processes and provide reporting to drive continuous improvement. Completes the full analytics cycle from collating and analyzing data, building predictive/prescriptive models, creating visualization tools, and automating/implementing solutions that improve maintenance management practices within the approved budget.
- Ensures work performed is planned and scheduled with the required staffing, expertise, materials/supplies, and external services. Oversees materials/supplies procurement and inventorying, and ensures practices are managed in accordance with corporate and industry standards. Performs and supervises data analysis and reporting from various corporate systems to ensure accurate data collection processes, and efficient and effective delivery of maintenance services across the Division.
- Through analytics, statistical modeling of data and review, creates opportunities to, increase efficiency and performance, and improve maintenance practices across the Division while maintaining standards for occupational safety and regulatory compliance, as well as reduce greenhouse gases and optimize customer service. Cleanses and connects data sets, and performs data transformations. Analyzes data, develops, and implements reports and dashboards utilizing advanced visualization tools in the support and measurement of business process effectiveness
.Automates data use; preferably within business intelligence applications. Uses relational databases for reporting functions (ex: SQL, Oracle, Access). Provides on-going review of business processes by translating predictive/prescriptive statistical modeling into action.
- Supervises the maintenance, repair and installation of a wide variety of electrical, instrumentation and mechanical equipment at Metro Vancouver facilities when required. Initiates and implements modifications and upgrades to existing equipment and facilities. Addresses emergency repairs and prioritizes work considering operational and regulatory requirements. Employs new technologies in the preventive and predicative maintenance for troubleshooting, problem solving, leadership and decision making in regular and emergency maintenance work. Oversees the emergency stand-by schedule to provide coverage.
- Hires, supervises, directs and develops staff, monitoring performance towards division, department, and corporate objectives. Communicates objectives, requirements and rationale both orally and in writing, while promoting collaboration, teamwork and respectful workplace behaviors. Reviews and develops annual work plans and priorities for staff. Continuously monitors work practices noting and addressing recurring issues. Trains divisional staff on continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ensures work is being performed in a safe manner, identifies and addresses safety concerns, provides training, guidelines or policies as well as participates in and may lead safety audits and accident investigations. Ensures safe work procedures are integrated in the work routines of staff and conducts safety meetings. Prepares written safety and emergency procedures and ensures lockout and confined space entry procedures are implemented as required.
- Analyzes budgets, staffing and business process metrics and makes strategic recommendations to stakeholders for continuous improvement. Assists peer Supervisors in forecasting and budget tracking by analyzing and trending data to assist in establishing and revising maintenance schedules and associated work plans. Engages and influences staff and stakeholders in solving problems.
- Performs other related duties as required including standby.
To be successful, you have:
- 3 years of recent, related experience supplemented by University Degree or Diploma in a relevant discipline such as Business, Operations Management, Engineering or Interprovincial TQ with extensive training and experience in operations, maintenance, materials management, planning and scheduling and or analytics; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Possess or ability to obtain Advanced Analytics or Maintenance Management Professional certifications.
- Complete understanding and knowledge of maintenance practices including planning, scheduling, maintenance management, and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Electrical, instrumentation and/or mechanical aptitude. Ability to lead staff in the use of a wide variety of equipment, technologies and methodologies related to equipment maintenance and management.
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC regulations and considerable experience related to implementing and leading safe work procedures and practices such as confined space and lock out. Sound knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions and regulations relevant to the maintenance of wastewater and water treatment equipment. Ability to train staff in safe work procedures and correct non-conforming behaviours.
- Ability to work within established budgetary and financial objectives and possesses sound basic budgeting and accounting skills. Ability to monitor and control budgets ensuring the effective and efficient expenditure of allocated funds within the approved budget; ability to assist with budget planning and preparation and estimate costs and time required for internal work requests.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills including the ability to understand and consistently apply and explain collective agreement provisions and corporate policies; ability to organize, direct and supervise the work of others in a team environment; skill in training and coaching staff to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to use judgment to resolve problems by adapting or applying procedures to address issues and problem situations. Demonstrates persistence in overcoming obstacles.
- Sound written and oral communication skills. Ability to provide clear direction to staff in emergency situations. Ability to write standard business correspondence such as letters and memos.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts. Demonstrated initiative and proven ability to work cooperatively with others; ability to effectively deal with disagreements to prevent the escalation of conflict.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Proficiency using a Computer Managed Maintenance System (CMMS).
- Demonstrated ability and experience using business analytics tools in improving data quality and streamlining of the data collection processes. Knowledge of predictive/prescriptive statistical modeling, design and implementation of real time data driven visualization dashboards; knowledge of and experience using relational databases such as Oracle and Access and writing queries and creating adhoc reports using SQL.
- Demonstrated track record of driving continuous improvement and improved efficiency.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by February 28, 2020.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Engineering,Business Analysis/Services,Sewer & Wastewater,Water Services
Posted: February 7, 2020, 12:47 pm
Expires: February 28, 2020, 4:30 pm