BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Urban Forestry Technician II
Parks, Recreation & Culture
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford currently has an exciting full-time opportunity for an Urban Forestry Technician II in the Park Services Division of our Parks, Recreation and Culture Department.
As the Urban Forestry Technician II you will working primarily with the public, home owners, developers and internal stakeholders to provide education, assistance and information on the Tree Management Bylaw. This position works independently in the issuance of tree cutting permits and the enforcement and compliance with the bylaw.
Reporting to the Urban Forester, the successful candidate will investigate tree removal requests, make recommendations for treatment, investigate resident’s concerns and enforce the bylaw, where appropriate. Your knowledge of arboriculture and urban forestry principles, practices and the City’s bylaws and regulations applicable to tree related matters will assist in responding courteously and tactfully with the general public, contractors and direct reports.
- Grade 12 supplemented with a two-year diploma in Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Environmental Sciences or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in the urban forestry;
- Class 5 Drivers’ Licence;
- Pesticide Applicator’s License for the Province of British Columbia;
- International Society of Arboriculture Certification (ISA);
- ISA Certified Tree Risk Assessor.
At the City of Abbotsford we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please visit us online at: www.abbotsford.ca/careers
Closing Date: February 18, 2020