BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Service Delivery Specialist
Temporary Full-Time (2 positions)
Job ID: 2020034 and 2020035
Approximately 3 Months
$31.00 - $36.49 per hour
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire 2 Temporary Full-Time Service Delivery Specialist to join our IT Customer Service Delivery team. This technical position is responsible for the provisioning and support of City computer hardware and software assets by analyzing requirements, resolving incidents and supporting the IT Service Desk.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Good knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant desktop software and corporate applications;
- Good knowledge of networking and systems administration;
- Good knowledge and experience with Windows computer hardware and operating systems;
- Working knowledge of mobile device operating systems (iOs, Android, Blackberry);
- Proficiency with current technologies used in an enterprise desktop environment;
- Experience using a modern IT Service Management tool;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills (both remotely and onsite);
- Demonstrated application of successful conflict management and resolution skills;
- Ability to work independently, but seek direction on unusual issues to IT management as needed;
- Ability to visualize solutions mentally and communicate resolution professionally to non-technical staff;
- Ability to build strong working relationships with various stakeholders;
- Ability to create, maintain, and foster a positive customer support experience;
- Ability to multi-task and have a high degree of flexibility to adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to successfully pass a Police Information Check.
Graduation from Grade 12, plus completion of one-year of post-secondary education in courses related to information technology, supplemented by at least one year of experience in a similar technical support and helpdesk operation position. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Experience in a municipal government setting is considered an asset.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID: 2020.034 and 2020035 – Service Delivery Specialist is 11:59pm, on February 4, 2020.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.