BC Local Government Job Posting Service
CMBC Executive Director, Finance and Corporate Services
Job ID: 20190792Location: Gateway
Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular
Over 900,000 passengers rely on Coast Mountain Bus Company every day to get them to work, school and all of the activities that make life on the Lower Mainland so rich and exciting. Our more than 5,400 dedicated employees keep the buses, the people and in so many ways the vibrant pace of this city moving.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to various departments at CMBC, including Finance, Performance Reporting, Farebox Revenue, Labour Relations, Training, Health & Workplace Management Services, Customer Information and Internal Communications. Performs the duties of Corporate Secretary for the company and its Board of Directors. Key Accountabilities:
- Participates as a member of the Executive Leadership Team reporting directly to the President/GM and provides strategic financial advice and information in organizational planning and critical decisions for the operating company.
- Oversees internal expenditure control procedures to ensure adherence to corporate standards and objectives, reviews corporate and divisional budgets and quarterly forecasts and presents financial and performance management information to Executive Management, the Board of Directors for approval; providing advice on the financial impacts of corporate and external initiatives.
- Oversees the delivery of financial advisory services to business leaders across the organization. Directs the delivery of financial planning and reporting services, including capital and operating budgets and all other aspects of financial management, including all related performance metrics, forecasting, modeling, long-range financial planning, costing, and analysis.
- Oversees Performances Reporting department by leading departmental strategies, plans and tactics; reviews and approves targets and measures for achievement of departmental goals; develops divisional strategic and business plans and shares accountability for overall achievement of organization’s objectives. Ensures operational efficiency and effectiveness through implementation of innovative practices that comply with all relevant legislation, acts and regulations.
- Directs the flow of corporate financial and performance management information, annual reports and submissions to the Board of Directors, TransLink and other third-party stakeholders. Represents CMBC Corporate Services on Senior Management and leadership teams and on corporate, enterprise committees and project teams. Reviews and monitors contracts with external service providers for the Division.
- As a Corporate Secretary, provides governance advice to CMBC Board of Directors, facilitating valid decision-making processes, and providing guidance on conflict of interest issues.
- Oversees customer information department in implementation of productivity and performance monitoring standards to ensure the delivery of high-quality customer service and oversees the development of new technological initiatives designed to improve customer service, up-to-date information availability and cost effectiveness.
- Oversees Farebox revenue processes ensuring that collection, safekeeping, transportation of transit revenue is performed in compliance with corporate policy and procedures and all legal, regulatory and WorkSafe BC practices. Reviews periodic audits and approves improvements for internal controls and effective cash management.
- Oversees occupational health and attendance management programs, ensuring compliance with legislation and jurisprudence; ensure program is effective managing absenteeism and enabling employees’ early return to work. Reviews and approves delivery of operator and technical training, ensuring bargaining unit employees are equipped to perform their jobs safely and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensures development and delivery of internal communication strategies for CMBC, verifying and approving communication plans and providing oversight on issues management and communication analyses.
- May assist with providing strategic direction and leadership to Labour Relations; ensures CMBC Board approval of cost-effective collective bargaining mandate for three unions and directs effective management of the collective bargaining and 3rd party processes including arbitration, Labour Relations Board matters, Human Rights and related court proceedings.
- May assist with providing strategic direction and leadership to CMBC Human Resources; including general HR Management, Bullying & Harassment investigations, Employee Recognition, Employee Training & Development, Employee Experience Initiatives.
- Manages reporting staff, providing leadership for hiring, training, development, coaching, performance management, ensuring adherence to best practice in people management.
Education & Experience: The requirements for this job are acquired through a degree in business or related discipline with an accounting designation (CPA) plus ten (10) years of experience in progressively responsible roles including leadership experience as a subject matter expert in a highly unionized environment, preferably in the public sector.
- Expert leadership skills with ability to direct, coach, develop and manage performance of reporting leaders, and to influence others
- Expert knowledge of accounting and business finance theories, concepts, practices & methods, financial processing, systems and controls
- Expert interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to provide significant contributions to the executive team level, and to address a high level of sensitive and political challenges, both inside and outside the organization
- Expert problem-solving and decision-making skills, with ability to diagnose and make recommendations on diverse issues from the departments
- Advanced strategic planning skills, with ability to establish effective targets and measures, and monitor achievement of results in reporting areas
- Advanced knowledge of the theories, concepts, practices and methods pertaining to labour relations, along with investigative and dispute resolution skills, with ability to achieve cost-effective results and mutually beneficial settlements
- Advanced presentation skills to be able to present business case analysis and recommendation to the senior management and leadership team towards making informed decisions
37.5 hours per week.
RATE OF PAY:
Starting at $148,163 per annum
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioral descriptive interview questions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please go to https://www.translink.ca/careers and click on the Coast Mountain Bus Company tab to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter, and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Coast Mountain Bus Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: New Westminster, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Chief Administration,Financial Administration,Corporate Services
Posted: January 24, 2020, 3:32 pm
Expires: February 28, 2020, 4:30 pm