BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Summer 2020 Day Camp Leaders - Healthy Communities
(Canada Summer Jobs Grant)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and energetic individuals to spend the summer helping the City of Surrey in putting on great, inclusive day camps for children with disabilities. As a Community Service Assistant 1-Day Camp Leader, you will be responsible for providing general support for children who require additional support to be safe and successful in summer day camps. You will have excellent customer skills, high energy, and an enthusiastic approach to your work.
Union - CUPE Local 402 – Auxiliary (Grant)
- Assist in adapting and delivering recreation services;
- Supporting the overall day camp and ensuring the success of participants who require minimal to moderate support;
- Mostly supporting within a group setting, but may be required to assist children with disabilities in a 1-to-1 capacity;
- General support in the delivery of summer day camps.
- A current Emergency First Aid with CPR-C/AED certificate.
- Completion of grade 12.
- Some experience working in community service.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Have patience, compassion and respect for others.
- This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program. This position is contingent on Federal Government Grant funding. Successful candidates must meet the criteria set forth by the grant program, including:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Don’t meet the Canada Summer Jobs program requirements? Check out our Community Services Assistant 1 (Job ID 3416) position.
Below you will find our approximate recruitment timelines for this process:
Jan 20 to March 23, 2020
Group Assessment Interview
References and Police Information Checks
Help us build a world-class city this summer. Gain valuable experience, learn new skills, and grow your career while doing meaningful work that will directly impact our communities. Learn more about our summer recruitment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This position requires completion of a Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3417. Posting will remain posted until March 23, 2020.
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Community Services
Posted: January 20, 2020, 1:18 pm
Expires: March 23, 2020, 4:30 pm