BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
RCMP Support Services
Crime Analyst II - Regular Full-Time
The City of Surrey is a place of innovative transformation and accelerated growth—where the future is limitless and possibilities are endless. If you are excited about helping to Build a City. Build a Future—and you share our values of integrity, service, teamwork, innovation and community—join us, today.
The Crime Analyst position II specializes in research work involving the application of research techniques to support highly complex criminal investigative activities, operational programs and crime reduction strategies.
- Provide statistical, tactical and strategic crime analysis services and intelligence information to management
- Evaluate and validate intelligence information gathered from various sources while establishing and maintaining working relationships with members, staff and external agencies
- Assist in the design and planning of projects relative to specific developments or details investigations, participate on project teams to monitor and identify the nature and score of emerging and persistent crime problems, trends as well as deliver presentations, briefings and situation reports on crime trends and related matters
- Have a degree in a related discipline including coursework in applied research and statistics.
- Have a minimum of five years of related experience.
- Have a valid BC Driver’s License.
- Have an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
You must be able to obtain and maintain the relevant level of security clearance throughout employment with the Surrey RCMP.
Conditions of Employment
- This position requires successful candidates to obtain and maintain the RCMP Top Secret security clearance.
- Selected applicants successfully complete a practical examination administered by the RCMP.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Police Services
Posted: January 16, 2020, 10:11 am
Expires: January 29, 2020, 4:30 pm