BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Financial Analyst IFinance & Technology – Financial Services
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$33.35 – $37.85 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on February 5, 2020, but remain open until filled.
The Financial Analyst 1 assists with Enterprise Management System related financial work, including quarter and year-end closing activities, preparation of the financial planning and budgeting development process, and providing day to day assistance for the operations department to meet their financial requirements.
The anticipated length of this term assignment is approximately 6 months.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and posts financial accounting entries, including regular monthly entries, internal reserve transfer entries, quarter and year end closing activities for operating budget and capital projects.
- Reviews, monitors and reconciles the general ledgers and capital projects.
- Compiles and sets up variance reports with supporting details for analysis.
- Prepares cheque requisitions, enters purchase orders and good receipts in SAP, and reviews invoice coding.
- Assists with external grant claim process, including preparing the claim summary of detailed financial transaction list and compiling the supporting documentation.
- Processes and validates Community Work Fund and grant in aid granting process for electoral areas.
- Loads allocations, labour activities, and service budgets into SAP.
- Creates capital project structure in the system, compiles backup documentation and posts funding transfer for the capital project creation.
- Sets up budget workbooks for designated service areas, including updates the previous year’s actual operating revenue and expenses, validates the budget report summary formulas, updates the internal reserve schedules, updates capital fund reconciliation and analysis, updates the capital project history information, and updates the statistical data including taxable folios, single family equivalent count and property value assessment.
- Assists in reviewing, analyzing and verifying budget data and financial reports for completeness, accuracy, revenue calculation and compliance with corporate guidelines and policies.
- Ensures accurate processing to accounts in compliance with CRD policies and procedures and to ensure internal controls are maintained and to use judgement to identify potential issues for follow up as needed.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- University degree in a related discipline such as Business or Accounting and/or enrolment in the CPA program with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System, preferably with SAP
- Working knowledge of financial accounting, planning, budgeting, cost allocation and accounting principles and practices
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and reconciliation procedures
- Demonstrated ability in understanding and using accounting terminology and Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and presentation (MS PowerPoint) software
- Ability to follow instructions, work under pressure, set and maintain ever changing priorities, meet deadlines, be flexible and work accurately with mathematical calculations, use advanced database and spreadsheet skills.
- Strong initiative and sound judgment skills; good analytical and organization skills
- Ability to pay attention to details, problem solve and perform tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and work well in a muti-disciplinary team.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
Location: Victoria, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Financial Administration
Posted: January 16, 2020, 9:05 am
Expires: February 5, 2020, 4:00 pm