BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Office Support Clerk III (Development Review Branch)Requisition ID: 15562
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Reporting to the Manager of Development Review Branch, this position provide clerical and administrative support to the staff in the Development Review Branch
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Distributes permit application plans and tracks location within permitting software
- Provides quality control to plans for permit issuance, confirming accuracy between duplicate copies; ensures correct City stamps and/or signatures are applied
- Uploads and removes pdf documents to the Development Applications page(s) on the City’s website
- Finalizes form letters and documents, including notification postcards, and arranges for printing and postage
- Prepares form letters sent to a variety of City departments and other agencies as required
- Assists in the upkeep of a variety of application forms, documents, departmental procedure manuals and checklists
- Contacts applicants to obtain proper plans for web link public notification uploads
- Edits Prior-to letters and memos to City Council
- Notifies applicants in writing regarding application appointments and issuance / refusal of development applications
- Creates file folders in VanDocs for other documents
- Maintains branch vacation calendar and prepares time entry for Development Services department
- Maintains data base that tracks departmental communications, scanned permit drawings
- Participates in staff meetings to review departmental procedures
- Picks up and distributes department mail and packages;
- Enters a variety of data into permitting software and spreadsheets
- Scans and uploads documents within the City’s permit software (POSSE)
- Performs other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 including courses in office administration and some related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of various software applications, such as MS Office; knowledge of electronic filing systems and databases such as VanDocs, POSSE and VanMap software preferred.
- Knowledge of the municipal building and property development processes and procedures is an asset.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to foster and maintain effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and handle frequent interruptions and changing priorities in a high volume environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 kg
- Ability to differentiate various types of drawings and projects related to building and property development.
Business Unit/Department: Development Services, Building & Licencing (1250)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: February, 2020
Position End Date: January, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $25.31 to $29.74 per hour
Application Close: January 24, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: January 15, 2020, 11:32 am
Expires: January 24, 2020, 11:59 pm