BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Community Patrol Officer
(4 months temporary)
Revolutionizing the community partnership and service delivery model in the area of Bylaw and Licensing Service, the City of Surrey is seeking customer-focused Community Patrol Officers (CPO) interested in career growth opportunities and the ability to influence positive changes in our community.
With experience in customer service, as the successful candidate you will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interpret and explain bylaws, policies, and regulations, while handling public inquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
You will report directly to the Manager of Community Enforcement in a supportive, team-based environment and are primarily responsible for:
- Patrolling public areas such as parks, recreation centres, and town centres.
- Responding to inquiries and highly sensitive complaints from members of the public.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the community.
- Communicating and liaising with all levels of staff and other key stakeholders.
In alignment with the City of Surrey’s core values (teamwork, community, innovation, integrity and service), as the successful candidate you will have the following qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by two courses in a related discipline.
- Minimum of one year of field work experience in dealing with the public.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license and safe driving record.
The hours stated were:
- 6:30am to 5pm
- 11:00am to 9:30pm
- 4 on 4 off rotating schedule – 364 days per year
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
This job posting will close on January 29, 2020
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Customer Services,Bylaw Enforcement
Posted: January 15, 2020, 10:37 am
Expires: January 29, 2020, 4:30 pm