BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Administrative Professional (Clerk Stenographer III)Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: Lake City Operations Centre
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking an Administrative Assistant (Clerk Stenographer III) who provides admin support to the Operations and Maintenance Division at a number of different sites. Typical duties include time entry, work order processing, scheduling meetings, drafting agenda, taking minutes, records management, and website updates.
You are: An organized, adaptable and motivated person that enjoys working in a multi-functional team environment. You enjoy working in a busy and supportive office/works yard and have a keen eye for detail, a can-do attitude and can demonstrate initiative. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office. Able and willing to drive and work at various sites throughout the region.
- This position is based at Lake City Operations Centre providing support to our Operations and Maintenance division and is also required to travel out to two works yards to provide on-site administrative support.
- Performs complex clerical and secretarial duties for a superior and/or the superior's subordinates, arranges appointments and meetings, interviews callers, processes highly confidential material, prepares routine correspondence and relieves a superior of minor administrative detail.
- Assembles, collates and types a variety of technical and administrative material such as letters, notices, contracts, specification, requisitions, progress estimates, reports, budget estimates, agendas, minutes and speeches.
- Take instructions from and perform clerical and typing duties for a group of professional and technical employees at Lake City Operations Centre and other LWS locations.
- Prepares and maintains departmental personnel files and records, scrutinizes minutes, reports, correspondence and other data for referral or action, processes incoming and outgoing mail, controls and maintains files, records, correspondence and reports.
- Compiles statistical information and data, provides direction and assistance on a variety of office operations, maintains a petty cash account and assigns clerical and typing duties to subordinates as required.
- Processes time cards; enters time into Payroll system, checks errors and omissions and runs reports.
- Provides a variety of factual information and assistance to District staff, business and government contacts and the public.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of 12th school grade, including or supplemented by courses in commercial and secretarial subjects. Considerable related experience, preferably as a Clerk Stenographer II or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- All the required knowledge’s, abilities and skills of the Clerk Stenographer II classification.
- Considerable knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures applicable to department served.
- Sound overall knowledge of the District organizational structure and of the functions of its departments and divisions.
- Ability to perform secretarial tasks and relieve a superior of office and routine administrative detail with minimal supervision.
- Skill in typing and processing clerical work of a complex and technical nature, in taking and transcribing shorthand and other dictation and in the use of word processor as required.
- Valid Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by January 27, 2020.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: January 13, 2020, 11:09 am
Expires: January 27, 2020, 4:30 pm