BC Local Government Job Posting Service
One of the sunniest regions in BC's Lower Mainland, Delta embraces three unique communities - Ladner, North Delta and Tsawwassen. The City of Delta is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our commitment to lead the way in public service excellence.
Outreach Assistant, Green Programs and Services
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
4 months (May to August 2020)
Hours of work:
32 hours per week; Monday to Sunday (max. 7 hours per day); some evening work
The City Delta’s Green Programs and Services are a series of sustainable initiatives put forth by the municipality to promote green living and sustainable community development. These programs, run through Delta’s Engineering Department, include solid waste management and water conservation. We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual to join us over the summer as we work to increase program awareness and participation. Based out of the City Hall in Ladner, this four month term will involve both field and office work and will provide excellent experience in developing and delivering outreach initiatives within a local government setting.
Examples of Work Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with the public as a Green Programs and Services ambassador at various community events;
- Delivering presentations to kids camps and/or community groups;
- Assisting with promotion and expansion of Delta’s corporate recycling ‘un-waste it.’ program;
- Developing program outreach materials as needed; and
- Facilitating Delta’s free sustainable workshops.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong public relations, communications and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with Delta’s solid waste programs;
- Skilled in the use of a computer, including desktop publishing; and
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Required Licences, Certificates and Registrations
- A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s Licence is required.
Preference will be given to applicants currently enrolled in an undergraduate or diploma program with a focus in environmental studies, geography, communications, or education. Previous experience delivering outreach/engagement programs as well as a demonstrated interest in environmental initiatives would be an asset.
The City of Delta provides a competitive salary of $22.93 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits. Interested applicants are requested to apply on-line at www.delta.ca/employment by February 5, 2020, quoting competition number 20-41EX.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those under consideration will be contacted.
Preferred candidates will be required to submit a Police Information Check.
City of Delta
Attention: Human Resources
4500 Clarence Taylor Crescent, Delta, BC V4K 3E2