BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Oval Team LeaderOperations
Position Type: Auxiliary - evenings and weekend coverage (8-16 hours per week)
Applicant Closing Date: Jan 31, 2020
Please Note: As part of the resume gathering phase you will be asked to complete an availability form. Any application without a completed availablity form will not be considered to move forward.
We are seeking a passionate, organized individual who loves to ensure through a variety of supervisory, organizational and leadership skills, the execution of operational, parking and event services at the Richmond Olympic Oval. As a ambassador of the Oval, the Oval Team Lead (OTL) will create a welcoming environment that is inspirational to staff, and rewarding to our Oval members, partners and guests. The OTL provides clear leadership and communication to ensure that operational outcomes are met. The OTL will work closely with all Oval staff in defining and delivering service excellence. Strong communication skills and attention to detail will make the selected candidate a vital member of the Richmond Olympic Oval Team.
Job Summary and Examples of Work:
Events & Parking Scenarios
- Lead & assist with parking and/or event execution, maintenance and logistics
- Liaise with internal & external event organizers as required
- Maintain safety and security of people, property, equipment and assets
- Facility and staff preparedness:
- Ensure timeliness and quality of facility conversions
- Maintain overall Oval aesthetics (front and back-of-house)
- Conduct event and daily staff briefings as required
- Event and crowd control, including vehicle staging
- Resource management and priority planning
- Staff training, coaching, supervision, and related tasks
- Emergency response
- Alarm and scene management
- Investigations, reports and follow-up
- Liaise with management, staff and other Oval Team Leaders
- Other related duties as assigned and/or required
- Event background and/or demonstrated ability and understanding to service event and/or client needs
- Able to confidently, professionally and strategically manage event parking and/or event logistics needs
- Safety conscious
- Strong organizational and resource management skills
- Exemplary supervisory and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Available to work varied shifts, including daytime, evenings, and weekends
- Clear criminal record check
- Physically able to perform expected duties of job
Our workplace culture embraces People, Excellence, Leadership, Team and Innovation.
- Full gym membership to the Oval
- Access to 20,000sq ft fitness centre with top class facilities, over 100 pieces of strength and cardio equipment, 4-storey climbing wall, YYoga studio, endless fitness classes, Olympic sized ice rinks and the Richmond Olympic Experience (ROX) museum.
- Free parking (except event days)
- Collaborative team environment
- $22.18 to $25.34 plus 12% in lieu of benefits (hourly rate is based on qualifications and experience)
The Richmond Olympic Oval is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all groups. This includes women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), and others who may contribute to diversity. We also recognize unique styles, perspectives, beliefs and creativity that support a diverse, respectful, inclusive and collaborative work environment.
Our GOLD medal candidate is personable, has a great attitude, is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and has a genuine interest in contributing to the greater good of our company and our community, we want to hear from you!
*hours depend on operational needs
Location: Richmond, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation
Posted: January 10, 2020, 2:06 pm
Expires: January 31, 2020, 4:30 pm