BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Recreation Facility Attendant 2
Work Area: Facilities
Posting Date: January 9, 2020
Closing Date: December 31, 2020
Reporting to the Recreation Facility Maintenance Supervisor, the Recreation Facility Attendant II operates, maintains, repairs, and cleans recreation facility and equipment.
- Contributes to the success of our team, creation of our community, and delivers outstanding customer service by fostering the District of Squamish corporate values in their work: thinking beyond today, working together, acting with courage and enthusiasm, doing the right thing, and striving to do better every day.
- Follows the District of Squamish’s Customer Service Guidelines to ensure the Delivery of Outstanding Service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates ice making, pool filtration, and janitorial equipment, and performs minor servicing.
- Responds to emergencies as required to minimize risk of injury and/or damage and/or to render the Facility secure.
- Performs a variety of repairs, building maintenance, and janitorial duties within established practices and guidelines.
- Monitors conduct of patrons in the facilities.
- Conducts inventories and reports on supplies and equipment.
- Orients new Recreation Maintenance workers to the position.
- Maintains records on equipment operation, pool chemistry, and maintenance.
- Maintains a standard size sheet of ice and a public swimming pool to established standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge and ability to operate and maintain a public swimming pool, refrigeration, and ice making equipment.
- Ability to operate and repair a variety of small equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of building maintenance and cleaning practices.
- Ability to work independently, coordinate tasks, and change work priorities to ensure completion of work assignments.
- Good knowledge of the occupational hazards and precautionary measures as related to building maintenance and janitorial work.
- Strength and ability to climb ladders, lift, push, or carry objects.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to deal with people in a professional manner.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently unsupervised in a position of trust.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions or procedures.
REQUIRED TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An original Police Information Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check issued within the past 6 months that is satisfactory to the employer will be required before starting in the position
- Grade 12
- One of the following: Current 4th Class Power Engineers Certificate, Ice Facility Operator Certificate or Refrigeration Certificate
- Pool Operators Level 1
- Course in Custodial or Building Service (min 16 hrs) or 6 months experience in building maintenance and janitorial
- Current First Aid (WorkSafe BC level I)
- Current BC Drivers license “Class V” with a safe driving record
Hours of Work: Shifts may range between the hours of 5:00am – 1:00am, Monday to Sunday / Casual/On-Call
Salary: $29.50 per hour
A shift premium of $1.00 per hour will apply for all regular hours worked between 5:00 pm and 8:00 am.
This is a Union position within the Collective Agreement of CUPE Local 2269 and the District of Squamish.
Direct Your Application (Quoting Competition #) To: #20-05
Human Resources, District of Squamish
37955 Second Avenue, P.O. Box 310, Squamish, B.C., V8B 0A3