BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Manager of Development Planning
# of Vacancies
January 7 - 26, 2019
The City of Port Moody has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and innovative Manager of Development Planning to join our Development Services team.
Reporting directly to the General Manager of Planning & Development, the Manager of Development Planning will:
- Provide independent professional planning advice to staff, Council and City committees, members of the public, external agencies and customers;
- Supervise, advise on and delegate the work of Development Planning staff; perform related administrative tasks;
- Manage the development review and approval process for all development applications, analyzing proposals in order to make recommendations to Council;
- Prepare reports and bylaw amendments; liaise with applicants, other City staff, professionals and the public; make presentations to Council, City advisory committees and the public; and participate in updating development-related policies and processes;
- Lead planning projects, and
- Act for the General Manager, Planning & Development, when required.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check as well as a satisfactory driver's abstract. Please apply online @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Master's Degree in Urban Planning or related discipline (ie: Architecture, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture) and full membership, or eligibility for membership, in the Canadian Institute of Planners
- Five years of related professional experience in municipal planning, including extensive experience in current development (long range policy planning experience would be an asset)
- Considerable knowledge of the policies, objectives and legislation related to land use development and control in British Columbia
- Ability to effectively manage a team of development planners in a fast-paced work environment while managing multiple tasks
- Considerable independent judgment in developing, completing and administering projects
- Expertise in creating and applying urban design principles and guidelines in the evaluation of projects
- Significant knowledge of and experience with economic, financial, environmental and social considerations in the evaluation of projects
- Knowledge of and experience with urban land economics
- Ability to provide community planning policy advice, analysis, options and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability and experience in facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform difficult technical research, prepare complex reports, and make public presentations and recommendations to public officials
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Planning & Development
Posted: January 7, 2020, 12:14 pm
Expires: January 26, 2020, 11:59 pm