BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Property Services Agent
Stretching from Deep Cove in the east to the Capilano River Canyon in the west, the District of North Vancouver is characterized by innovative municipal government that maintains and enhances the quality of life for its residents and businesses. Fuelled by the District’s award-winning vision to build vibrant and sustainable communities for people of all ages and backgrounds, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and an excellent total compensation package. A flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive work place culture, we are looking to fill this position. Come work for one of BC’s Top Employers and contribute to making this a great place to work!
As the Property Services Agent you will report to the Manager, Real Estate and Properties, and represent the Planning, Properties and Permits Division and the District of North Vancouver by drawing on your real estate and project management experience as well as your strong team and consensus building skills and your proven ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment.
You will be a key member of the Real Estate and Properties Department and responsible for a diverse portfolio of commercial, industrial, retail and residential real estate assets to ensure that the District’s varied interests are protected and the municipality achieves maximum value from this portfolio. This includes lease and licence negotiations and renewals, land acquisition and sales, and other land negotiation among other responsibilities.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate the activities of real estate, facilities management, financial and administrative, legal and communications professionals to fulfil the mandate and responsibilities of the Department and the Municipality.
- Assist the Manager to coordinate operations and programs for the department; provide direction, and guidance to municipal staff; direct and coordinate the work of consultants; work with interdisciplinary municipal teams.
- Negotiate complex agreements and arrangements, prepare business cases and undertake appropriate planning, real estate, economic and financial analysis to support your decision making.
- Consult, liaise and negotiate with staff of municipal agencies, boards, commissions and divisions, elected officials, community groups, other governments and the private sector to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of current trends, practices and directions in real estate development, property management, asset management and public-private partnerships.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Urban Land Economics and experience and understanding of AACI appraisals OR other education and accreditation in a related discipline.
- Membership in the Real Estate Institute of BC (or eligibility for membership) or a similar association such as the IRWA, PMI or Expropriation Association.
- Strong project management skills and experience, including the ability to define and meet project purpose and objectives, undertake project activities, achieve milestones and deliverables, monitor and track progress, and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Considerable related experience and knowledge with most aspects of residential, commercial and industrial real estate, the local development industry, property management, and municipal planning.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively in an interdisciplinary team.
- A valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
Your relationship-building skills are superior as are your presentation, negotiation and research skills. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. You work well within a complex and rapidly changing political environment and are comfortable engaging a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. You have strong visionary and planning skills combined with the ability to get involved in the day-to-day execution of all aspects of the department’s operations.
The pay range for this unionized position is $43.04 to $50.85 per hour based on a 35-hour work week (2019 rates). If you have what we’re looking for please apply on-line with your cover letter and resume at www.dnv.org/careers by February 11, 2020 to be considered.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Project Management,Real Estate
Posted: January 7, 2020, 11:59 am
Expires: February 11, 2020, 4:30 pm