BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Senior Business Analyst - Policing Transition
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
As a Senior Business Analyst on the Policing Transition project, you will be responsible for defining business scope and objectives through research, fact-finding and general understanding of applicable business and industry requirements. The successful incumbent will act as a liaison between business areas and the solution teams. This role will provide necessary expertise and experience to support operational teams in fulfilling their mandate to establish a city police department.
You have a proven ability to support teams through significant organizational change. You have seasoned relationship and team building skills. You can communicate complex ideas in simple ways that foster understanding and agreement.
Project – Cupe 402
- Work at all levels and phases of analysis and requirements elicitation, while considering the strategic business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Create requirements and workflow documentation including but not limited to business and functional decisions, current and future state processes, and business process re-engineering documentation.
- Champion change and support effective communication with relevant stakeholders at all levels.
- A Degree in a related field from a recognized institution plus four years of related work experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience.
- CBAP certification is preferred.
- Communicate effectively to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- They will also be able to complete work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail as they analyze information and problem solve.
- Knowledge of requirements elicitation & analysis and stakeholder assessments as well as process modeling skills.
- Knowledge of business analysis documentation techniques.
- Experience within the public sector and experience within a policing environment is an asset.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Police Services,Business Analysis/Services
Posted: January 6, 2020, 3:19 pm
Expires: February 4, 2020, 4:30 pm