BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Communications CoordinatorFull Time, Benefitted
Regional District of Central Kootenay - Nelson, BC
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK), is accepting applications for the position of Communications Coordinator.
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Administration, the Communications Coordinator creates and implements an engagement strategy for the public, stakeholders, and Regional District staff. They work with staff to create positive media presence, well-crafted public messaging, and a respected high profile brand, recognized throughout the district. Working collaboratively with other departments, the Communications Coordinator develops communications strategies that fully deploy the resources of the Regional District. They act as a Regional District spokesperson, coordinate media appearances for others where appropriate, review and approve print and online graphics and communications, and work with staff to develop an engaging social media and web based presence.
The successful applicant will be provided with a generous benefits and vacation package, including pension. This a 35-hour per week position, however, there is a requirement to be available for on-call and /or on standby during emergencies.
This exciting opportunity is based in the beautiful city of Nelson BC, world-class recreational playground with all the comforts of today's amenities and lots of exciting things to do and see year round. This community offers all the benefits of small town living, boasts a strong and diverse economy and thriving business sector, has convenient access to parks, great schools and health care services, and is located just a few hours away from major city centers. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including cultural events and theatre, skiing, hiking, biking, much more!
For more information about the RDCK, visit www.rdck.ca.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions within the RDCK over the next six months.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in public relations, communications or a related field, with 5 years of directly related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with the media and issues management
- Experience developing and implementing communication and engagement strategies
- Project management and experience in the public sector would be considered assets
- Experience providing communication support in an Emergency Operations Center, or during a significant emergency, would be considered an asset
- Experience with current website standards and digital media technologies would be considered and asset
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and satisfactory drivers abstract
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Understands how to work effectively through media to advance strategic issues.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to anticipate and identify potential issues
- Delivers results through effective engagement with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Highly collaborative
- Excellent communicator, with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively in a team environment
- Commitment to the RDCK values: Health and Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Respect
This posting, along with a detailed job description outlining the complete required qualifications and the variety of roles and responsibilities included in this role, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position will be accepted by Human Resources at the email address below until 8:00am on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (250) 352-1546
Location: Nelson, BC
Region: West Kootenay / Boundary
Professional Categories: Communications
Posted: January 3, 2020, 12:09 pm
Expires: January 28, 2020, 8:00 am