BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Human Resources Associate (RCMP)
Job ID: 2019388
This is a generalist position providing close and confidential support in all administrative, technical, and strategic elements of an assigned portfolio to the Manager, RCMP Administration, Supervisors, and staff in the assigned client/project portfolio within a unionized environment. This requires the ability to lead and/or support a high volume of full cycle Recruitment and Selection using an Applicant Tracking System (HireDesk), input and manage employee changes in a HRIS (People Soft), as well as support Labour Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Performance Development and Wellness, Health & Safety as required.
This position is responsible for providing clear and informative guidance to employees, management and the public on all areas of Human Resources practice regarding HR policies and procedures, collective agreement provisions, legislative and regulatory requirements, best-practices, and other applicable information. The Human Resource Associate builds strong relationships with managers, supervisors, and employees throughout the assigned client/project portfolio and the broader organization and act as liaison between other departments, divisions and stakeholders.
WHAT WE OFFER
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (though are not limited to)
Lead Full-Cycle Recruitment & Selection
- Partner with hiring managers, Manager, RCMP Administration and HR Manager(s) to ensure staffing needs are identified and addressed in a timely manner; assist with forecasting and succession planning.
- Initiate recruitment requisitions, ensure necessary approvals are received, create and post job opportunities on our website, appropriate job boards and social media platforms.
- Development of selection criteria and assessment tools including resume screening guides, evaluation matrix, various testing, interviews and references.
- Conduct or coordinate phone screens and participate in interviews.
- Assist with the negotiation of new hire compensation offerings.
- Prepare and present formal employment offers.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.