BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Ulkatcho First Nation
Anahim Lake, BC
Who We Are
Ulkatcho is a First Nation of Dakelh, Tsilhqot’in and Nuxalk ancestry whose offices are located in Anahim Lake BC on the Western edge of the Chilcotin District. We are 320 kilometres west of Williams Lake, and 135 kilometres east of Bella Coola. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy our region: Surrounded by the Rainbow Mountain Range, and home to excellent fishing lakes, wildlife tours guided horseback trip and hiking, and snowmobiling in the winter. Our small community of Anahim Lake, and the surrounding area has a population of approximately 1500 people. Ulkatcho First Nation membership is 1200, with 700 living on reserve in the community.
Finance. Permanent, Full Time
Working closely with the Band Manager, the Finance Director will be responsible for the overall financial administration of Ulkatcho First Nation (UFN). The Finance Director will oversee the following accounting functions, and provide support as required:
- Full cycle accounting including maintaining accurate books and records and accounting for all financial items on a daily basis
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, month-end and year-end close and audit processes
- All financial reporting and ensuring that financial statements are prepared in accordance with Canadian public sector accounting standards of Day to day banking and cash management operations
- Ensures all financial reporting is completed in full and within specified time frames to meet obligations specified within funding agreements
- Participates in the development and support of the UFN community strategic plans with a proven record of preparing and presenting documents to Council, and other committees as required.
- Oversees the payroll and benefit processing, payroll reporting and filings
- Assists with and provides information for external audit preparations
- Manages day-to-day supervision of finance team
- Recommends, implements and controls all policies and procedures related to financial and general administrative functions in accordance with accounting principles and relevant federal and provincial laws and regulations.
- Provides support as required to: IT support functions, negotiating, purchase, and disposal of office equipment, supplies and service contracts; Project management for special projects (i.e. dividend and distribution, RFP processes).
Deadline: This posting will remain open until filled.
- A bachelor degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Accounting
- Five years’ experience minimum in a progressively complex finance/accounting department and one year of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge of all aspects of payroll, tangible capital assets, accounts payable, accounts receivable and related subsidiary ledgers and account reconciliations
- Certified Public Accountant Designation preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting principles and regulations, compliance and control issues.
- Valid Driver’s License and clear Criminal Record Check
Please send a cover letter, resume and three (3) references to the Ulkatcho First Nation Band Office by personal delivery to the receptionist, or to the Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “Finance Director Competition” in the subject line.
Applicants of Ulkatcho First Nation and/or Aboriginal ancestry are encouraged to apply.
* We thank all those who apply; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.