BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Recreation Worker 3 (Lifeguards/Instructors)
Parks and Recreation
NO. OF POSITIONS:
Approximately 12 - 16
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
Shifts vary (includes evenings and weekends / minimum commitment 5 hours a week)
$23.34 per hour + 12% in lieu of all benefits (2019 rates)
We are seeking qualified, friendly, energetic and reliable staff to join our team. For 40 years the Canada Games Pool has been a leader in innovation and is the provider of one of the largest swim programs in Canada. We offer quality swimming lessons to the City of New Westminster and its surrounding cities and municipalities.
- CPR “C” level, current within 1 year of last certification.
- Bronze Cross or National Lifeguard Pool, current within 2 years of certification. Those holding a Bronze Cross must be eligible to complete their NL.
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, current within 2 years of last certification.
- Must hold a Social Insurance Number card (SIN) or Confirmation of SIN letter issued by Service Canada and a Canadian Birth Certificate or valid Canadian Passport (originals will need to be shown on first day of hire).
- Must be able to successfully pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- Training requires a 3 month commitment at the start of hire on Tues/Thurs late afternoon and evenings and the occasional Saturday afternoon.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to demonstrate pleasant and courteous public relations with facility patrons.
- Ability to remain alert and professional while on duty.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain high quality lessons and lesson plans.
- Ability to ensure all required awards and certifications remain current.
Please drop off your completed application form, resume and cover letter, attention to: Nancy Barberie, Instructional Supervisor at Canada Games Pool, 65 East Sixth Avenue, New Westminster, BC, quoting competition #19-157 by January 23, 2020. Application forms are available at the reception desk and online at www.newwestcity.ca If you require further information, please contact Nancy at 604-526-4281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.