BC Local Government Job Posting Service
School District No. 42 (Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows)
The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) is defined by a culture of excellence and is highly regarded for the quality of its education and its commitment to students. Innovation, educational choice and student success is at the heart of all SD42 efforts to support the learning needs of over 15,000 students. The school district has 21 elementary schools and six secondary schools and is governed by the Board of Education, comprised of seven elected Trustees.
Supervisor, Rentals & Leases
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Rentals and Leases Supervisor is responsible for managing community and film rentals of school district facilities, lease and license agreements for the Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District. The Supervisors’ responsibilities will include researching opportunities for increased rental revenue, current market rates, and other aspects of the current rental market that are relevant to developing plans and strategies for maximizing rentals and leases of school district facilities.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Five (5) years’ lease and rental management experience at a mid to senior level in a business or educational setting including experience with supervision of staff
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of property management related to leases, licenses and rentals; and of the municipal and provincial legislative framework, risks associated with leases, licenses, rentals and land use
- Experience with the management of licensed childcare programs
- Experience in developing business cases and detailed report writing.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related rentals management software.
- A valid BC driver’s license and vehicle
- Relevant education as outlined in the job description found at: https://www.sd42.ca/assets/media/Supervisor-of-Rentals-Leases.pdf
- A combination of equivalent training and experience may be considered
This is a full-time permanent assignment. To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain opened until filled.
The district appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about our School District please visit: http://www.sd42.ca/our-district/
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Property Management,Facilities Management/Development
Posted: December 13, 2019, 9:38 am
Expires: February 14, 2020, 4:30 pm