BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
2020 Summer Clerk 2 - Property and Payment Services
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
This position will work within our Property and Payment Services team to assist the public with transactions related to property taxes, utilities, dog licences, as well as perform other clerical work. Work would include processing a variety of payment transactions for the City, answering customer inquiries over the phone, investigating customer questions and concerns, conducting data entry, processing documents at a routine level, and performing various office duties.
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Auxiliary and Temporary
- Provide an excellent customer experience to residents, business owners and taxpayers while working in a high transactional volume environment.
- Educate the public on policies and procedures related to Property and Payment Services, both in person and on the phone.
- Complete calculations and reconciliations while processing incoming payments through point of sales processing.
- Performs data collection and entry with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain Microsoft excel spreadsheets and other computer software programs.
- Provide positive and empathetic public relations with customers during stressful circumstances.
- Completion of Grade 12.
- Courses completed in business, accounting, word processing, office practices and/or PC office applications.
- Minimum 1 year experience and training in an office environment.
- Accurate typing speed of 45 wpm.
- Experience working in front line and high volume customer service environment and/or in the financial/banking sector (asset).
- Ability to provide service to a diverse community and ability to speak a second language (asset).
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check and proof of qualifications
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca