BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Ice Patrol and Skate Shop Team Member
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey Arenas are looking for individuals who are motivated, outgoing, energetic and have exceptional customer service skills to join our Ice Patrol & Skate Shop team. The Ice Patrol and Skate Shop team members ensure the safety of patrons during public skating sessions, provide quality customer service at the skate shop, and perform any other assigned duties.
Union – Auxiliary
Working on the ice you will:
- Be responsible for providing a positive and safe experience for all patrons.
- Provide first aid when needed.
- Organize and lead activities for patrons.
In the skate shop you will:
- Hand out skates and keep the skate shop organized.
- Sharpen skates.
- Provide skate and helmet maintenance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong skating skills.
- Current first aid and CPR.
- Shifts include daytime, evenings and weekends at the City’s arenas.
Conditions of Employment
- These positions require completion of a Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3319. This will be posted until December 22, 2019.