BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Community Services Assistant 3 - Ice Patrol and Skate Shop
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey Arenas are looking for individuals who are motivated, outgoing, energetic and have exceptional customer service skills to join our Ice Patrol & Skate Shop team. The Ice Patrol and Skate Shop team members ensure the safety of patrons during public skating sessions, provide quality customer service at the skate shop, and perform any other assigned duties.
Union – Auxiliary
As a Community Services Assistant 3, you will:
- Supports the Arena Operations team in a front line supervisory capacity overseeing public skating sessions and assisting with special events.
- Leads and supervises a team of staff to provide a safe and enjoyable skating experience for the participants.
The successful candidate will have:
- Current Emergency First Aid with CPR C.
- Completed grade 12 and some post-secondary education from a recognized institution.
- 2 years related experience including supervision in recreation work or area of specialty.
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Positive leadership ability.
- Enjoy the chance to be part of a team that values leadership and organizational talents.
- A high energy, enthusiastic approach to their work.
- A strong level of skating ability.
- An exceptional and positive approach to customer service.
Conditions of Employment
- These positions require completion of a Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3320. This will be posted until December 22, 2019.