BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Surrey
Ice Hockey Referee
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey Arena Operation is currently looking for Ice Hockey Referees for our City of Surrey Hockey Leagues. We are looking for individuals who are professional and responsible and have experience officiating adult and minor hockey. As a City of Surrey referee, you will be responsible for officiating games fairly, respectfully and consistently, ensuring the safety of players on the ice, and enforcing the rules and regulations set out by the league coordinator.
Specifically, we are looking for referees who are available on Saturdays between 1:00-7:00pm to officiate our City of Surrey COED Hockey League and on weekdays between 3:00pm and 6:00pm to officiate our Surrey High School Hockey League.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the schedule game time prepared with protective equipment and uniform.
- Be the first person on the ice and ensure the ice surface is safe for the players.
- Ensure the team sign-in sheets are properly filled out and complete prior to starting the game.
- Ensure all players are eligible to play prior to starting the game and all players are dressed in the proper equipment.
- Officiate the game.
- Be the last person on the ice and make sure all players exit the ice safely.
- Review the game sheet and ensure everything was recorded correctly.
- Sign off on the game sheet.
- Hockey Canada Officiating Program – Level 2 or higher – an asset
- 2 years’ experience officiating adult hockey.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 3276.
Location: Surrey, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Parks & Recreation,Community Services
Posted: December 4, 2019, 10:13 am
Expires: January 20, 2020, 4:30 pm