BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Asset and Amenity Management Project Lead18 Month Term (January 2020 - June 2021)
- Compensation will be determined based on the successful candidate's qualifications and experience
- Full-time Temporary
Are you a successful leader in the field of Capital Projects and Asset management for government organizations? Would it be appealing to apply your talents in a geographically unique municipality that values service, community engagement and pride in its community? Now imagine if all that professional advantage could be made available in one of Canada's most desirable cities in which to live and work.
The opportunity exists. Welcome to the beautiful, growing and temperate City of Penticton. As a new Asset and Amenity Management Project Lead, you will capably lead meeting the growing Asset and Amenity Management initiative needs of Penticton residents and businesses.
Reporting directly to the CFO, and working in close collaboration with the AAMP Steering Committee (Director, Recreation and Facilities, General Manager, Infrastructure, Director Development Services, Engagement Specialist), the AAMP Project Lead will provide leadership and project management services to ensure the City of Penticton's Asset and Amenity Management initiative achieves its objectives and outcomes within the approved budget and on schedule.
- Prepare and manage a detailed project plan (based on the approved Project Charter) to address required project management knowledge areas, including; time management, cost management, scope management, quality management, resource requirements, procurement management, risk management and communications/stakeholder management.
- Collaborate with the AAMP Steering Committee and key City staff to provide day-to-day leadership and project management to develop and execute the detailed project plan.
- Work with project sponsor and steering committee to develop a project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for committees, teams and project team members, and to ensure the roles are appropriately resourced for the project duration.
- Lead and attend regularly scheduled Steering Committee and status meetings throughout the life of the project. Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources. Track and facilitate closure of issues that cannot be resolved by project teams.
- Work with project sponsor to ensure that effective project communication exists through the duration of the project, including escalation of risks.
- Work with Communications and Community Engagement staff to ensure principles of Community Engagement Policy and Framework are upheld throughout the execution of the project.
- Prepare and present project reports, status reports, Council updates, business case and other written and verbal communication as required throughout the duration of the project.
- Identify what changes can improve the implementation process and outcome of future projects that are similar.
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters preferred.
- 5+ years experience in project management, with a demonstrated proven success record of leading large complex projects on behalf of owners and/or government organizations.
- Experience working with different levels of government in capital planning and/or infrastructure related projects (including both horizontal infrastructure and buildings/facilities).
- PMP certification required; PMO experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency with project management tools and software.
- Experience in infrastructure and facilities operations and maintenance, and capital planning and capital project delivery.
- Confidentiality maintained at all times.
- A valid BC Driver's license is mandatory.
If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and possess the above mentioned qualifications, we would love to hear from you! We welcome your cover letter and resume by December 16, 2019.
Position type: Temporary Exempt 18-month position (January 2020 - June 2021) with the possibility of being extended (35 hours per week)
Wage: Compensation will be determined based on the successful candidate's qualifications and experience
Benefits: To be determined
Location: Penticton, BC
Region: Okanagan Valley / Similkameen
Professional Categories: Project Management,Asset Management
Posted: December 3, 2019, 8:00 am
Expires: December 16, 2019, 4:30 pm