BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Birthday Party Leader
West Vancouver is an attractive community on the North Shore! It is home to some of the region’s best parks and recreation locations: Whytecliff Park, Lighthouse Park, Cypress Provincial Park and ski area, and Ambleside Beach. At the District of West Vancouver, we're looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our team of dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that make West Vancouver a great place to live. Be part of our team!
The West Vancouver Parks, Culture & Community Services Department is currently looking for enthusiastic, out-going, and high energy Birthday Party Leaders to join our team of customer service professionals on a casual basis. Working as part of a team, this position will strive to ensure the smooth and efficient success of scheduled birthday celebrations at the Gleneagles Community Centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- setting up and decorating the party room with decorations
- greeting parents, guests, and children upon arrival and assisting them with any pre-party arrangements as required
- supervising children during various activities, which may include: bouncy castles, face painting, and other fun activities
- leading sports and games;
- interacting with children, parents, and guests
- serving food and cake to all the attending guests
- cleaning up the party room after the party, and
- performing other related duties as required
The preferred candidate will have a well-presented and professional demeanor; excellent communication skills and an aptitude for handling large groups of children.
The successful candidate has completed Emergency First Aid training and CPR level C and will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
Non-Union – Casual
Hours of Work:
5-10 hours per week. This position will be required to work on weekends. (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$13.00 - $19.00 per hour plus 4% in Lieu of Benefits (2019 Rates)
11:59 p.m. Wednesday, December 18, 2019.
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.