BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Located in the beautiful West Kootenay region of British Columbia, the City of Rossland is a progressive municipality of 3,700 people known for its proximity to world-class outdoor recreation, heritage architecture and arts & culture atmosphere. Located only two and a half hours from the City of Spokane, Washington and three kilometers from the base of Red Mountain Resort (within City limits), Rossland is rapidly growing into a first-class, all-seasons BC Resort Municipality.
Manager of Operations
Due to a pending retirement, the City of Rossland is looking for a high-energy candidate to take the reins and assume responsibilities for our full-time, permanent Manager of Operations position. Reporting to, and under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, this position is a key part of the City’s Senior Management Team and offers an excellent opportunity for those passionate about contributing to municipal operations, long range planning and community building initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a proven combination of operational and technical skills and will be responsible for the overall management and efficient delivery of general engineering and public works services to the community. As a collaborative and results-oriented leader, preference will be given to those candidates who have the following combination of education, knowledge and skillsets:
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized technical institute in Civil / Environmental Engineering;
- Registration or eligible for registration with either the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists (APEG) or Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC) as a Technologist;
- 10 Years experience related to local government or municipal operations, specifically including sewer and water systems, road design and maintenance, recreational facility maintenance, parks maintenance and fleet management;
- 5 Years Experience in a senior supervisory capacity directing personnel involved in delivery of local government / municipal operations;
- Project Management, Asset Management and general infrastructure planning experience; and
- Certifications in water and wastewater operations would be considered an asset.
For a detailed job description - and additional information regarding the City of Rossland, please visit www.rossland.ca.
The City is prepared to offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates are invited to submit application in confidence by Friday, January 10, 2020 12:00pm PST to:
Bryan Teasdale, CAO/CO
City of Rossland
PO Box 1179
Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
The City is an equal opportunity employer and thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Location: Rossland, BC
Region: West Kootenay / Boundary
Professional Categories: Engineering,Public Works & Operations
Posted: November 28, 2019, 11:48 am
Expires: January 10, 2020, 12:00 pm