BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Corporation of the District of Central Saanich
Administrative Assistant (Administration)
The District of Central Saanich, located on the Saanich Peninsula of Southern Vancouver Island, is part of the Greater Victoria Area and enjoys the reputation of being among the best locations in Canada to live, work and play. The District is bounded on both the east and west by ocean with many beach access points, and is central to all amenities of the Greater Victoria area.
Reporting to the Corporate Officer, you will be a key member of the Administration Department, providing administrative support and assistance to the Chief Administrative Officer and Corporate Officer. You coordinate the records management function and are the primary point of contact for phone calls as part of our customer service function. You also provide backup relief of the customer service function at the front counter as needed. You provide administrative support to Mayor and Council, and attend meetings and prepare agendas and minutes for Council advisory Committees.
Your time management and organization skills will allow you to work effectively in this busy atmosphere. Your strong communication and relationship building skills will be essential as you provide information and assistance to administration and the public. Your ability to work independently, multi-task and take initiative will guide success in this position.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
- Successful completion of a certificate program in office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office, 2016 and the ability to type 65 words per minute
- Ability to record and transcribe minutes
- Ability to attend evening meetings as required
- Training in records management and knowledge of records management principles and practices and the Local Government Management Association Records Classification and Retention Schedule
The salary for this full time position is $30.0782 (2020 rates) per hour with an excellent benefit package.
Qualified candidates may submit resumes in confidence to: The District of Central Saanich, Attention: Liz Cornwell, Corporate Officer, 1903 Mt. Newton Cross Rd., Saanichton BC, V8M 2A9, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Monday, December 16th 2019. Applications may also be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Location: Central Saanich, BC
Region: South Vancouver Island
Professional Categories: Office Administration,Customer Services
Posted: November 26, 2019, 11:29 am
Expires: December 16, 2019, 4:30 pm