BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Draftsperson IIIPosition Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Water Services
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Our Water Services Department is seeking a Draftsperson III who will work in the preparation of structural and process piping drawings for water, wastewater and drainage facilities. As well, experience with Building Information Modelling (BIM) is preferred. Drafting assignments cover the full spectrum of preliminary to record drawings.
You are: primarily a Structural/Process piping Drafter with several years of Revit experience. Building Information modelling (BIM) experience would be a definite asset.
- Prepares preliminary and final engineering drawings of water, sewage and drainage systems, including sewage treatment plants, water reservoirs, pumping stations and ancillary structures. The focus of this position, at this time, will be in the preparation of structural and process piping drawings for water, wastewater and drainage facilities. Drafting assignments cover the full spectrum of preliminary to record drawings.
- Reduces and plots field notes of traverses, topographic and hydrographic surveys.
- Prepares detailed structural, mechanical and electrical drawings, topographic plans, tabulations, bills of material and performs the technical calculations required.
- Prepares orders for legal plans, existing and future underground service reference plans and maintains progress reports.
- May occasionally assist in and check the work of one or more drafting subordinates.
- Performs clerical and statistical duties related to the work.
- Performs other work of equal importance, difficulty and responsibility, requiring comparable qualifications.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of Grade 12, including courses in mathematics with Trigonometry and Physics; one year drafting course, plus supplementary courses in job-related subjects. Considerable experience as a Draftsperson II or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Good knowledge of drafting practice techniques and standards; basic technical mathematics; basic engineering concepts and construction methods.
- Ability to perform skilled drafting and to do the associated calculations accurately.
- Ability to understand and carry out written oral instructions.
- Ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Good visual and numerical aptitude.
- Skilled in the use of drafting and computing instruments (such as software applications for design and drafting (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, etc. Experience with BIM _Building information modelling)
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by December 31, 2019.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Drafting
Posted: November 26, 2019, 11:22 am
Expires: December 31, 2019, 4:30 pm