BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Millwright – Pump Mechanic
West Vancouver is an attractive community on the North Shore! It is home to some of the region’s best parks and recreation locations. At the District of West Vancouver, we're looking for employees that have a passion for public service and strive to make a difference. Our team of dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that make West Vancouver a great place to live.
The District of West Vancouver Engineering Department has an immediate opening for a permanent, full- time Millwright – Pump Mechanic. Reporting to the Utilities Supervisor, the successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repair of all mechanical, pneumatic, structural and hydraulic equipment such as pumps, valves, motors, compressors, blowers, tanks and piping used in utilities operations – water, sewer, drainage, water and wastewater treatment.
- Record, update and maintain documentation;
- Have the ability to read and interpret blue prints, drawings, diagrams and layouts;
- Perform preventative maintenance work;
- Independently resolve problems relating to the work performed;
- Have the ability to supervise one or more subordinates;
- Have considerable knowledge of the applicable rules, regulations, policies and standards governing the work performed;
- Have considerable knowledge of the hazards and necessary safety precautions of the trade.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess completion of grade 12 supplemented by technical courses related to the work, plus a Millwright BC and IP Red Seal, as well as considerable related experience in an industrial or public works environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The successful candidate will have a valid BC Driver’s license and will be required to supply an acceptable police information check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates.
Union (WVMEA) – Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$39.97 per hour
11:59 p.m. Sunday, December 15, 2019
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.