BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Court Liaison Officer
(Court Service Clerk)
Information Management Section
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week*
$61,361 to $72,246 per year plus benefits
We are seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of Court Liaison Officer with the New Westminster Police Department on a regular full-time basis. Working within a team environment in the Information Management Section, the successful incumbent will be involved in the review and transmittal of prosecution reports to Crown Counsel and the efficient processing of persons through the criminal justice system. Responsibilities include processing investigative reports to Crown Counsel; monitoring and disposition of files as charged persons move through the criminal justice system; ensuring that all information included in court files is accurate and complete and that files are processed in a timely manner; swearing informations; and performing related work as required.
- Thorough knowledge of Police Service policies, procedures and protocols applicable to the work performed.
- Thorough knowledge of rules of evidence, including case precedents, the Criminal Code of Canada and applicable federal and provincial statutes and municipal bylaws as related to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of the criminal justice system and court procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal contacts and external agencies and to communicate effectively to facilitate the criminal case management process.
- Ability to read and assess reports for clarity and completeness in order to ensure that all proper investigative and evidentiary requirements are met.
- Ability to liaise with investigators and supervisors to ensure that requests from Crown Counsel are responded to in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide direction to members regarding the submission of investigative reports and follow-ups.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and professionalism in the handling of sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Completion of Grade 12 plus considerable related experience in a police environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
- Ability to use applicable software, such as Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 words net per minute with 85% accuracy or higher.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass and maintain a background security clearance.
- Hold a valid BC Driver’s License.
*This position works five consecutive 7-hour days including weekend shifts.
Monday to Friday shifts are 0600 – 1400 hours; Saturday and Sunday shifts are 0500 - 1300 hours.
In addition to your cover letter and resume please attach a separate Word or PDF document answering the following four questions: 1) What interests you in working at the NWPD. 2) Why do you want this position? 3) How does this position fit into your career plans? 4) What do you enjoy most about your current (or last) position? What do/did you enjoy the least?
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter quoting competition #19-P15, by December 16, 2019 to the New Westminster Police Department via email at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The New Westminster Police Department is committed to employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.Keeping New Westminster Safe and Secure
Location: New Westminster, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Police Services
Posted: November 22, 2019, 8:30 am
Expires: December 16, 2019, 4:30 pm