BC Local Government Job Posting Service
The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Job ID 19-86
Job Class Auxiliary
Employment Group CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies 2
Posting Period November 15 - 30, 2019
Position Overview The Port Moody Public Library is seeking two creative and energetic, Auxiliary Librarians with a passion for customer service. Reporting to the Digital & Information Services Coordinator, the position provides reader's advisory, reference and tech help services for all ages.
Responsibilities Duties and responsibilities may include: working at the library's information (reference) desk; providing one-on-one and small group instruction; facilitating programs; collection merchandising, maintenance and development; and special project work. Applicants with interest or expertise in providing youth services may also undertake children's programs such as story time and class visits.
Requirements Auxiliary Librarians work on an on-call and as-needed basis. The position may be offered shifts from Monday to Sunday, including evenings and holidays. Applicants with limited evening availability may not be considered. It may be helpful to indicate your availability on your application. Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody Public Library is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory criminal records check and also a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Please submit your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Masters degree in Library & Information Science (MLIS / MLS) from an ALA accredited program.
- Two years of job related experience, including experience working in a public library setting providing reference and reader's advisory services.
- Knowledge of public library collections in all formats. Familiarity with collection development principles.
- Knowledge of library information technology as it applies to public libraries in general.
- Ability to instruct / assist the public with using a variety of computer applications and devices (ie: computers, laptops, tablets) and with accessing library resources such as eBooks.
- Ability to provide training in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to plan, promote, and present library programs for various age groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to deal with challenging patrons.
- Ability to manage projects and to handle multiple and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and to work collaboratively with others to improve services in a dynamic, collegial team environment.
Date Added 11/15/2019
Branch/Location Office Library
City Port Moody
State/Province British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly $35.51 - $38.20
Compensation & Benefits Overview Plus 12% in lieu.
Location: Port Moody, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Library Services
Posted: November 18, 2019, 1:11 pm
Expires: December 30, 2019, 4:30 pm