BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Stz'uminus First Nation
Senior Community ManagerThe Stz’uminus First Nation, located just north of Ladysmith, BC, is seeking the services of a qualified and experienced Senior Community Manager who will report to the Director of Administration. The successful applicant will be an experienced people, program, and project manager, well-versed in leading multi-disciplinary teams. The Stz’uminus First Nation currently provides a wide array of services to its membership.
Core responsibilities of the position include:
- Providing leadership in program management and undertaking approved strategies to ensure a high level of service delivery to all members.
- Providing leadership in the development of work plans and actions which support sustainable operations.
- Ensuring development and strict adherence to task and work schedules.
- Providing leadership to staff, including hiring and termination, discipline, performance and attendance management, coaching, training, development, and guidance, and representing the employer in the grievance process.
- Providing coaching on a timely basis; developing goals and expectations, identifying training and development needs.
- Setting performance goals and coaching employees to achieve desired results.
- Ensuring properly conducted and appropriate program data collection.
- Ensuring program compliance for meeting funding requirements.
- Developing annual program budgets and ensuring programs are operated and managed within budgets and funding limits.
- Developing and supporting operations and capital financial forecasting.
- Meeting operation and financial reporting deadlines as required by funding agencies.
- Providing input into staffing requirements.
- Working to identify funding opportunities and supporting the development of funding proposals
- Communicating and regularly updating the Director of Administration on programs and services
- Preparing organization reports as required.
- Preparing and presenting recommendations to the Council.
- Willing to learn, respect, and appreciate Stz’uminus First Nation culture, customs, traditions, and issues.
Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering, Planning, Project Management, or a suitable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Program and staff management experience gained through progressively more responsible positions.
- Progressive experience in policy and program development and developing and managing capital and operations budgets.
- Demonstrable experience developing long-term objectives and strategies, ideally related to infrastructure management, leadership, and human resources management skills, as evidenced by past successful performance.
- Effective decision-making skills, demonstrating innovation and results-oriented leadership, fiscal accountability, and a strong customer service orientation.
- Highly developed human relations skills, with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing at all levels of the organization, including the political level.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent the organization, maintain relations, and work with community groups, the general public, elected officials, employees, and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a fully accountable program leader and as a member of a management team.
- Valid driver's licence and a satisfactory criminal records check.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail a cover letter and detailed resume to:
Human Resources Advisor 12611-A Trans Canada Highway Ladysmith, BC V9G 1M5
CLOSING DATE: Friday, November 29, 2019