BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Financial Services Technician II (Temporary)
POSTING NO: 2019-32
POSTING DATE: November 7, 2019
POSTING EXPIRY DATE: November 21, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Strathcona Regional District is currently recruiting for a temporary Financial Services Technician II position for a one year term. The Financial Services Technician II plays a key role in an integrated team that provides financial service support to the Regional District’s internal clients, and other stakeholders. This position specializes in accounts payable, accounts receivable, utility billing, cash receipts reconciliation, payroll processing, and assists and supports other team members in varied aspects of accounting and finance functions. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Services Technician II ensures compliance to generally accepted accounting practices and standards, employment legislation and to all Regional District’s policies, bylaws and contracts. This position requires the ability to communicate with the public, government staff and elected officials.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (or equivalent combination)
- Canadian Payroll Association Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or an assessable equivalent of education, training and experience;
- Completion of relevant post-secondary courses such as a certificate program in office or business administration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Minimum three years computerized full-cycle payroll processing experience;
- Minimum three years with computerized cash receipting and point of sale systems, including batch totaling, reconciliation and bank deposit preparation;
- Work experience in a local government finance and/or administration environment preferred.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience supplemented by a comprehensive benefit package. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting posting #2019-32 Financial Services Technician II (Temporary) to email@example.com by 4:00 pm Thursday, November 21, 2019.