BC Local Government Job Posting Service
City of Maple Ridge
Parks, Recreation & Culture
$25.21 - $29.60 per hour + % in lieu
November 24, 2019
The City of Maple Ridge is a vibrant and rapidly growing community with outstanding recreation, arts and cultural amenities and some of the most affordable housing in the region. Aquatics staff work at the seasonal outdoor pool and the newly upgraded pool facility opening early 2020. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a great team and be part of reopening the renovated Maple Ridge Leisure Centre.
Aquatic’s is a great way to start or boost your Municipal career. We are recruiting for regular part time Aquatic Leaders in our Parks, Recreation & Culture Department. Visit our aquatics website and see what our staff have to say about working in Maple Ridge Aquatics Join Our Aquatics Team
This is supervisory, instructional and lifeguarding aquatic work at indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities. The responsibilities of an Aquatic Leader include supervision and training of aquatic instructor and lifeguard staff, keeping pool areas clean and safe, providing a fun and enjoyable experience for customers, educating public on swimming and water safety through Red Cross Swim programs.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Monitors day to day operation of a moderate size group of lifeguard instructors
- Staff supervision and feedback
- Swim instruction, lifeguarding, facility maintenance and emergency medical care and documentation
- Facilitating safe community recreation through integration, inclusion and participation.
- Assists in the development, implementation and promotion of aquatics programs and special events
- Providing excellent customer service
- Teaching and evaluating all age groups and all levels of swimming.
You must possess the following current and valid certificates:
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificate
- Lifesaving Instructor Certificate
- National Lifeguard Certificate
- Pool Operator Level 1
- CPR/AED Level C
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- BC Driver’s License
High school graduation supplemented by post secondary education preferably in recreation or a similar discipline and aquatic leadership experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Preference given to those with one or more advanced aquatics certificates: WSIT, NLI, SFAI or equivalent.A Police Information Record Check is a requirement of this positon.
This position will be scheduled during daytime hours, evenings and weekends. Work may also include statutory holidays and early mornings.
Hours of work may range from 28-32 hours /week.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to attend a wet screen assessment.
Join our skilled team of Lifeguards and grow with us!