BC Local Government Job Posting Service
Administrative Assistant IV - Park BoardRequisition ID: 15063
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Administrative Assistant IV is primarily responsible for supporting the Deputy General Manager and Directors of the Vancouver Park Board by providing a wide range of administrative, operational, and business support services. This position also provides ongoing back-fill and support to the General Manager’s office, which includes the handling of confidential Park Board, City, and employee matters.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of Administrative and Office Services, the Administrative Assistant IV directly supports the GM’s Office and Senior Leadership Team.
- Organizes and coordinates schedules, meetings, travel, and related materials for Deputy General Manager and Directors.
- Manages the flow of documents and inquiries; screens, reviews, edits and proofreads correspondence, e-mail, telephone calls, voice-mails, etc. (includes knowledge of handling extremely sensitive and confidential files and correspondence) for the Deputy GM.
- Coordinates online approvals and requisitions via SAP.
- Provides technical A/V support when needed.
- Monitors meeting room equipment and supplies.
- Assists with Board meeting preparation.
- Arranges large and small group meetings and meeting logistics such as scheduling attendees, room procurement, equipment, etc.
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares reports.
- Regularly liaises with colleagues in other departments and the office of the City Manager.
- Acts as an administrative resource for the Park Board with software like Excel, Outlook and VanDocs.
- Effectively manages often multiple, competing and changing priorities. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 supplemented by courses in administrative management with at least 5 years working at a senior management level in an administrative capacity and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills including a thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and business math.
- Extensive knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of and ability to explain and apply City programs, policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing, including the ability to prepare business correspondence, presentations, and reports.
- Ability to exercise substantial discretion and deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work, work under pressure with constant interruptions.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization and with the public and to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment. Ability to research and analyze a variety of related data and issues.
- Ability to work in a modern office environment using software such as Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Internet, VanDocs, SharePoint and SAP.
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: December, 2019
Position End Date: December, 2021
Application Close: November 24, 2019
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Region: Lower Mainland
Professional Categories: Office Administration
Posted: November 7, 2019, 11:49 am
Expires: November 24, 2019, 11:59 pm